I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Proverbs 13:7 Some who are poor pretend to be rich; others who are rich pretend to be poor.

My Thoughts

How we feel about life is so much about how we choose to see our lives... the poor can take time to be aware of all that they have and they are rich in spirit... happy... joyful... then you can take a person that has it all.... and they focus only oh what the think is missing and feel so unhappy... they can actually feel poor because they see what everybody else has as something they don't have... In America, including many of the poor, we have so much... we have homes even if they are meager, we have heat, clothes, running water, food to fill our bellies...yet so many times we choose to focus on what we don't have.

I have heard many people complain about people coming here from poor countries and living 3 and 4 families to one house like that is a sin... like these people are doing something wrong... what they don't see is that even many people crowded in a little house, that has heat and running water, air in the summer ...these people are thankful!...because the came from a place where they probably lived in a mud hut with only one room and no running water or electricity and often times empty bellies...these people see what they have here in America as a luxury...they are happy like they are because they came from a place that was truly poor and they know to be thankful...

.God has given us so much in America and we need to be mindful and thankful for each and every thing that we have..I read once that today with all the automatic things we have... like running water and electricity, heat, air..that we live as good as people did 100 years ago that had a 100 servants... servants to keep the fire going... to fetch water from the well.. to fan them oh hot days... servants to weave the thread to make the fabric to make the clothes people wore....that planted the gardens so they could go and pick out what they wanted to eat....  we have so much.... "yet we pretend to be poor"... God has done so much for us yet we spend time telling God what we don't have instead of thanking God for what we do have.  What do you have today that you have forgotten to notice??  I know I need to sit down now and thank God for so much!





1 comment:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

We are blessed beyond belief. A couple of times we have left this country and have gone to a 3rd world country and we are amazed at how blessed we really really are. You are so right we don't have an idea and we should be thanking God continually for the great things he does for us each and every day! Thank you for this wonderful reminder, my heart is filled with thankgiving!