I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, December 20, 2010

12.20.10

Haggai 1:9 You hoped for rich harvests, but they were poor. And when you brought your harvest home, I blew it away.  Why? Because my house lies in ruins, says the Lord of Heaven's Armies, while all of you are busy building your won fine houses.

My Thoughts
God was angry with these people because they forgot to put God first, they forgot God... they forgot to be thankful for all that God had given them....and they wanted more and more while they ignored the will of God.  It is important to give back to God... it is important to give God  his part... it is important not to get so wrapped up in ourselves that we forget to give to the Church, God's house... we need to remember that all we have is a gift from God... everything we have was given to us by him... all God ask in return is 10%... a small portion that says "God I know that all I have comes from you."... if we want our wealth to grow, if we want our country to prosper we have to learn to give back to the one who gave his son, his only son so that we can live forever!!  When we are warm in the cold, cool in the heat...when we have clothes for out body, and food for our tummy we should never ever demand more toys when we have not given God his part... Sometimes we get ourselves in such a place that this is a hard thing to do, but God smiles down when he sees us making an effort... we start with what we can give...then as we get our lives in order we increase what we give until we are again able to give back ...when we do this God smiles down and you will be amazed, truly amazed at your ability to pay all the things you need to pay... to take care of all the things that come up... because when we give back to God... God's ability begins to work within in us and wonderful things happen.

No comments: