I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, December 11, 2010

12.11.10

Revelations 2:19 "I know all the things you do. I have seen your love, your faith, your service, and your patient endurance. And I can see your constant improvement in all these things."

My Thoughts
The first thing this verse tells us is that we can not hide anything from God!.... we only fool ourselves if we think we can...he created the universe, he created everything in it.... something as all powerful as that knows everything about all that he created...he knows our actions and our heart.... more he knows our actions actually reflect our heart....Matthew 12:35 tells us this... so we nee too be very careful not to fool ourselves into thinking that our good thoughts make us a good person... if we want to believe our bad thoughts are the devil sneaking in and as long as we don't act on those thoughts we are not bad... we need to also believe that when we have a good thought it is the Holy Spirit speaking to us...and to be a good person we need to act on that good thought.... this verse also tells us that we need to have love, faith we need to serve others and we need to be patient on this earth and with this earth while we are waiting for the return of Jesus....and last, and this is very important, this verse tells us that God expects to see a constant improvement in the way that we serve him... he expects us to grow in love and faith, in service and in patient endurance... God expects us to grow, to learn, to get better and better... the person we are is wonderful, he made us, but God expects us to become better and better and he knows that we can!

No comments: