I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, December 8, 2010

12.8.10

Psalms 127:1-2  Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builder is wasted.  Unless the Lord protects a city, guarding it with sentries will do not good. It is useless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night, anxiously working for food to eat; for God gives rest to his loved ones.

My Thoughts
We can work all we want, struggle hard but we can not make a life that is safe and fulfilling without God in it... God expects us to do our part... but when we put God in all that we do God will do the part we can not do.... and God knows when we are tired, when we are at our wits end and he wants us to rest... he wants us to be able to be strong... he wants us to be able to be kind and loving and that is awfully had to do without proper rest... next time you find yourself not acting like God would want you to act and you know it is because you have pushed yourself to the breaking point...say a prayer to God... trust God to help you get things done and lay down and rest a while so that you can be the best you can be for God.


No comments: