I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, December 12, 2010

12.12.10

Revelations 3:20 "Look! I stand at the door and knock.  If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together and be friends"

My Thoughts
Did you ever wonder what to talk to Jesus about??... well right here it says we can be "friends" with Jesus.  We can tell him anything we would a friend!!... We can run to him when something good happens!!... When we are proud of something we have accomplished and tell him all about it!!.. and we can run to him when we have had a bad day, somebody has hurt our feelings, the boss has been unfair.  We can tell Jesus when the devil is tempting us... Jesus is the best friend we can have... he can help us always... and when he tells us what to do it will always be in our best interest.  Jesus is proud of our accomplishments without jealousy... Jesus is in our corner... our cheerleader. We choose what kind of relationships we have with Jesus...but right here in Revelations it says that Jesus wants to be our friend. Today when you have something on your mind, good, bad or anything in between and want to tell a friend, try telling Jesus first and see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenanie, I think it's verse 20 your talking about? I love it we have such a good friend in Jesus and he always has time for us. He want us to take him with us where ever we go. why do we make it so hard ? I can't wait to read your verse each day, and see how you look at things, it's like haveing our own bible study together each morning. Thanks again Anita I'm still looking for the one year bible, can't wait until i can follow along with you.