I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, December 19, 2010

12.19.10

Zephaniah 3:17 For the Lord you God is living among you.  He is a mighty savior.  He will take delight in you with gladness.  With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

My Thoughts
God delights in you with gladness... when we do good God is delighted!!... how wonderful is that!!... just think how you have felt when you child learned something new... how we delighted at our children's first steps.. or the first time they read a word... or when they walked down the isle... we were delighted! in them!!!... with them.. for them... when we grow as Christians...when we make the right choices... when we show love to one another God feels that same delight... but even bigger don't you think!!... When we take time to nourish our relationship with God we are more aware of his love for us...and when we are aware of God and all his glory we are able to feel the calm he gives us... two and a half years ago I had surgery and I was terrified... I was afraid... I was not even aware of what calm was.... two and a half weeks ago...after spending this whole year in God's word... getting to know God's promises for me... I had another surgery, this time I felt that peace that passes all understanding... I was totally without fear... God gave me his calm!  God's calm was better than any drug you can take for calm.. it was amazing. I love imagining this last one.. God rejoiced over us with joyful songs... can you imagine what God's voice must sound like... we have heard people like Susan Boyle sing, and she must sound like an angel...imagine what God's voice sounds like ... and he rejoices over us with joyful songs!!! ... when we do the things God ask us to do he rejoices over us with his beautiful voice... Wow!  How lucky are we that God loves us so much that he sent his son to die for us so that God could rejoice over us with song!!


No comments: