I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, December 13, 2010

12.13.10

Proverbs 29:25 Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the Lord means safety.

My Thoughts
Wow!...I know I say that often about the verses I write about...but so much of the Bible is Wow!! when you take time to stop and absorb it...I have so enjoyed writing about some of the verses I read each day, I have learned so much as I listen to God tell me about them... when I read this verse I knew without a doubt that I would choose it today... so often we get in a trap of fear... fear of not being liked... fear of our boss... fear  of loosing a friend... fear of what somebody might say or think.....we have seen teenagers and adults become a part of murder out of fear.  When we develop a relationship with God, and it is up to us to develop that relationship, we can trust God to protect us... if we do what God ask of us we can trust God to take care of us...when we live inside the will of God we stand under his protection.... When we have God on our side we don't have to fear our friends, our enemies, our bosses, strangers or gossip.... even, even, even if we were to loose our life because we choose to live inside the will of God we are protect from hell... we will go to heaven and see God... God does not make mistakes... so we can not make a mistake by doing what God would have us do in every situation in our life... Have you ever seen one of those true movies or TV shows where the murder chooses to let somebody go and the murder doesn't even know why he chose to do that...I would be willing to bet that the person he let go was protected because they had done their best to live under the will of God and God has the power to take away our free will... God chooses to give us free will ... but God has the power to control our thoughts... if God can do that...and we know that he can...he can fix anything we need him to fix when we trust in him...even the heart of a bad boss, a jealous friend, someone that sees you as the enemy... the tongue of a gossip....God is in control we just have to choose to turn control over to God... When we trust in God we are protected by his great love... we we react in fear the devil smiles because he has found a way to control us... I would much rather live under the power of God's great love!

No comments: