I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, December 17, 2010

12.17.10

Proverbs 30:8b-10  Second, give me neither poverty nor riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs. For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, “Who is the Lord?” And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name.

My Thoughts
How wise is this!!... Don't make me so rich that I forget you God...that I forget that all I have is from you... and don't make me so poor that I become desperate enough to do wrong and forget to depend on you...

We constantly want more, more, more... the TV tells us that we want more!... people at work tell us we need to buy more... our friends and family encourage us to have it all!!... in fact if we don't want more in America we must not have drive and ambition....so many people over the last decade "wanted" ... so much so ... that they risked their home that God provided them with so they could have more!... more clothes... more entertainment... more pretty things to sit around... they gave up important things like time with their families... moments to watch their kids grow all in the name of "having it all".... I read once that nobody on their death bed wish for more...they wish that had spent more time with the people they love... the person that wrote this Proverb was very wish to ask for "just enough.".. we want enough... enough to remember that God gave us what we have.... and if you are the person that says "God didn't give this to me I worked for it."... remember God gave you the health and the ability to do what you do so what you have did come from God!!... we need to remember that God in all his wisdom doesn't ask us to become rich... to work our fool selves to death so we can have it all... God ask  us to love one another... and we can't do that if we are working ourselves to death to the point of exhaustion to pay for toys we don't even have time to play with... if we are exhausted it is had to be loving and kind... God says that loving one another  is the most important thing we do... please don't give up the opportunity of love, love of family, love of friends, love of complete strangers... just so you can "have."


No comments: