I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, December 23, 2010

12.23.10

Zechariah 4:10 Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin, to see the plumb line in Zerubbabel's hand.

My Thoughts
This is wonderful to know that no effort is too small.... God sees that effort... God understand that big things take small steps... think of this .... this man was building a Temple and God rejoiced to see Zerubbabel pick up the plumb like...that is a long, long way from the finishing of a Temple....but we never finish what we do not start.  We should never, ever see a step we make toward serving God as too small... what if this had been Zerubbabel's only job in building the Temple and no one else could have done the plumb line, the Temple might not have ever gotten built if Zerubbable had not started.... what we do for God is never ever, not matter how small it might seem, insignificant...when God prompts us to start something we never know where it might lead.... we never know where the ripples end... we often tend to see the stones we drop in the water as being dropped in a small puddle.... only God know where what he ask us to do is going to lead... we need to always drop even our tinniest stones of goodness, and kindness and love because we never know when they are landing in the ocean...we never know just how far the ripples of our actions will reach... so never think a good work, no matter how small, doesn't matter because it does!...never miss the opportunity to start because God rejoices to see the work begin!

1 comment:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh Jeannie - I love this - so true - you never see the affects of kindness sometimes - even in small amounts! Big Hugs for this Christmas season!
M