I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, December 5, 2010

12.5.10

1 John 5:4 For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith.

My Thoughts
Faith is an amazing thing.... it makes us strong, able, wise, kind, loving ... Faith makes us all that we need to be!  Faith in God that he will do all that he promises .... all it takes to defeat this world is faith.  God shows himself all the time... we see what we look for ... and we need to look for ways that God has been there for us... when we are aware of how God has been there for us it strengthens our faith...and the stronger our faith becomes the stronger we become against this world and the evil that is all around us... the more we are aware of the ways that God has taken care of us...the more we will know that God will continue to take care of us... two years ago I had surgery...I was terrified!!...I had not learned to put my faith totally in God... last week I had surgery, I knew God had prompted me to go to the doctor and if God made sure I got to the doctor God was getting me through surgery!!  The peace I had this time was amazing compared to the fear I had before... God gave me victory over my fear through my faith that he would take care of  me! Faith for lots of reasons was a hard thing for me (the devil loved to make me question if God was taking care of me)... God built my faith through doing little things for me...and it made me know if God would do those little things for me he would do the important things for me.... if you struggle with your faith, if you have trouble knowing that  God WILL take care of you start by asking for little things... and be aware of those things... build your faith my looking for what God does for you in your life.... I continue to ask for the little things, things that might seem strange to ask for.... but its those little things that remind me that God is always there. One of the little things I ask for recently was help with my Loom Knitting... I picked up my first loom and said to God "God please help me with this... I want to learn it and be good at it."...I have learned it...I am good enough at it that people ask me to make things for them...I have only been Loom Knitting for 3 months now and I can do all kinds of things...if God will help me with this, God will help me in surgery!... Ask God to help you today... pay attention... build your faith in God and when God answers one of those prayers for you this week let me know!!.... I love the stories of answered prayers!!

No comments: