I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, December 16, 2010

12.16.10

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to him for protection.

My Thoughts
So often we want to pick out the parts of the Bible that we like.... the parts that make us feel good about the areas that we are doing good in... but here the Bible tells us that EVER word of God proves true... so this tells me that we need to spend time in God's word learning all that he has to tell us... applying all of God's word to our lives... improving in the areas that we want to ignore because they are our weakness... the more we learn about what God has to say the more we can improve our lives... our quality of live... when we life outside the will of God we forfeit  his protection... so the more we do that God ask us to do the safer we are... God loves to see us learning and improving, growing in wisdom and knowledge... in fact it tell us in the Bible to grow in wisdom.... God is telling us help me protect you  by learning all you can about the promises I have made to you... All of what God offers is ours, all we have to do is ask for it...but we have to know what God offers to know what we can ask for... the more we know the more our life improves!


No comments: