I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, December 1, 2010

12.1.10

1 John 2:11 But anyone who hates another brother or sister is still living and walking in darkness.  Such a person does not know the way to go, having been blinded by the darkness.

My Thoughts
So often when somebody wrongs us we feel hate, or a strong dislike for this person... it can consumes us at times... the Bible tells us that when people do evil that that is the devil causing the evil... evil has gotten hold of that person and used that person to get to us.... and it is easy to dislike people that do us wrong... but when we do, we choose to give the devil power over us...and we are also responsible for making the devil choose that person to use and torment because we allow the evil coming through that person to cause us to sin... the devil will torment that person, use that person to get to us, if we let the actions of another person get to us.... so when we hate another person we are tempting the devil to tempt them.... the best thing we can do for ourselves and for somebody that wrongs us is love them... love them with all our heart... pray to have love for them.... to be totally aware that the devil is using them... we need to chase the devil away with love...with the armor of God... we need to show goodness and kindness and love... we need to see these qualities as a shield that we are holding up against evil... the next time a person is mean and hateful to you, think of a way to show love to them... bake them a cake, buy them lunch, ask about their day... see these actions as your shield... can you imagine how far the devil will run if the evil in another person make you more loving!!...I can just see him getting really frustrated when he uses somebody to be hateful to us, to ruin our day....I see the devil standing there behind that person whispering into their ear to be hateful and ugly... grinning and waiting on us to react in an ugly way... can't you see the disappointment on his face when we return love and kindness, the devil will be so disappointed...lets use love in our day, in our actions to chase evil away!

No comments: