I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, December 29, 2010

12.29.10

Proverbs 31:9 Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice.

My Thoughts
Some people have found their way to do just this thing...they fight for the rights of unborn babies, or they help the poor get assistance... some people get justice for people wrongly accused... these people amaze me!... their determination and strength... I myself have a hard time speaking up for myself when I find myself in an unjust situation... how do I do this for somebody else?? .... I believe that some people are destine to do amazing, wonderful great things... I often wonder what I am destine for... how do I fit into God's picture...I am just a normal person, with a basically boring life (I like it that way). How can I speak up for the poor and helpless??... I think one way is to just be kind, treat the poor and helpless like human beings, God children that are worthy of the same respect that I think I deserve... when we are seen treating people like people, being kind and sweet... when we make sure that we are never, ever seen mistreating another human being, another one of God's children...maybe just maybe we can change how one other person treats people.. and if that one person changes for a lifetime... then who will see them... what poor helpless person will be able to hold their head up higher??  So often people become poor and helpless because they feel "less than".... and the biggest thing we can so for a person that feels "less than" is treat them like they are a child of the most high God.... treat the with dignity and respect and kindness... each and every person on this earth was put there for a reason... each and every person on this earth was made and molded, shaped by God. Yet we put labels on people, we think we have the right to decide who is worthy of a hello. or a smile... we look down on people who have less who do less, most the time not knowing their situation, not knowing what put them where they are... when all we need to know is that they too are a child of God... so today when you go out into the world ... know that you speak for the poor and helpless when you speak to the poor and helpless...know that your kindness to the poor and helpless, your actions often speak louder than any words... your actions towards others, no matter how small can and will change lives... kindness is a hand up. Remember the power your words and actions have...strive never to be the final nail in any body's life... instead be the ray of sunshine that helps make something bloom.

No comments: