I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, December 6, 2010

12.6.10

2 Timothy1:3 Timothy, I thank God for you—the God I serve with a clear conscience, just as my ancestors did. Night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers.

My Thoughts
Wow to have somebody to constantly remember you in their prayers, what a gift that would be!!... what a gift that is!!... I had lots of prayers during my surgery and my recovery and those prayers where wonderful gifts to my life!  Most all of us have had that Grandmother that prayed for us, always!.... but did we stop to think how important that was in our lives?... how much those prayers  helped us will never be truly known but there is no telling how many good steps we made... how how much evil was chased away from our days by those grandmother's prayers! Those quick prayers so they won't be forgotten can change a day!!... Imagine what those prayer over us daily can do for our lives.... I know starting my day every single day in prayer has changed me!... I know that learning to pray for others has changed me...I know that prayer works! and when somebody says they are praying for me that touches me deep within my heart and makes me feel loved!...I use to send a quick prayer up when I told somebody that I would pray for them...and that was a good thing...but now I take time to write that person's name down on my prayer list... I assign them a certain day of the week and pray for them each and ever day that was set aside for them.... I try to keep in touch with people I am praying for, try this, it is amazing when I do this how I get a chance to know how much my prayers are working... that strengthens my resolve to keep others in my prayers... it is important that we never underestimate the power of prayer... when you see a friend in need, never think "I wish there was something I could do for them!"... there is always something you can do... you can always, always pray, prayer is the most important thing you can do for somebody!.... and when somebody tells you they have prayed for you thank that person, love them, know that what they did for you is the most important thing a person can do... know that they took some of their time with God, asking him to take care of you... their prayers for you, our prayers for others are no less important than if we were standing face to face with God and asking him to do something for us...imagine how much that would touch your life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennie, I so glad you are feeling better. We serve a good God. You talked about answers prayers.....My daughter turned 21 on sunday I was very worried that other might try and take her out drinking...I prayed about it, well she got up and when to church and her pastor took her out to lunch, than she study for her finals and that evening she went to dinner with her pastor, she spends lot of time with them they are a really sweet family. I've been praying Deuteronomy 31:8 I know the Lord has it under control. Thank You again and i am still looking for that 1 year bible. Your friend Anita