I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, December 28, 2010

12.28.10

Psalms 147:3-5 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.  He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.  Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.

My Thoughts
I love this!.. God heals the brokenhearted, his understanding has no limit!!... he knows our hurts and our thoughts... God knows!!... that means we can go to God with anything!... so many times we go to God only with what we think is good a pure... or to ask forgiveness... then we try to find a person to understand our frustration, our broken hearts, our anger, our hurt... but God's understanding has no limit and we can go to God with all of that!!... God wants to make it better for us... God came that we could have life and have it more abundantly (John 19:10).  If our hearts are broken, if we are angry or hurt we can't live abundantly until those things are all better...and God will make them better...but we have to be willing to talk to God about our anger, hurts, disappointments, broken hearts... and we need to remember that Gods understanding has no limits...none... not one!... God heals the brokenhearted, binds up their wounds... what breaks your heart today?... before you search out a friend to talk to about your troubles.. tell God!... this one is a hard one for me... I grew up, not always in church, and when I did hear people pray they talked to God so formally, only thanking him... or asking for comfort if somebody was sick... or asking for forgiveness for "sin"...not for specific sins.. just for "sin"... this journey through the Bible has taught me that I can tell God anything...and when I confess where I am weak he makes me stronger.... when I say God help me with these thoughts that I am having he replaces those thought with solutions... it never ceases to amaze me when God does that!... yet old habits die hard and often I go to God last instead of first...when I do go to God and things start getting better I look back at a day or a week I have wasted and know how much time I have lost because I forget God's understanding has no limit... I challenge you today, as well as myself to make God your first stop in every stiuation... when you think "I can't do this"... replace that with "God I feel like I can't do this... and here are the reasons why _____________... your word says that you understanding has no limit... Please help me to understand how to get through this problem, this day.  Please stand with me and make me strong, please nudge my heart when I start to make a wrong decision, please God be with me every step of the way, for I know that you understand what I have to do and I want to do it right, God I need you to do it right.".... God understands! He heals the brokenhearted!






1 comment:

jules said...

Jeannie, I only get on the computer occasionally. I found you through the cricut newsletter a few years ago when you were on there. I loved your work. I noticed when you started your bible verses, but rarely get on here. I just wanted you to know that you are amazing. I love the comment section you wrote and love to go see your work and your bible verses. Such inspiration. Thank you for all that you do. God bless you and your family. Julie