I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, December 26, 2010

12.26.10

Psalms 145:1-3 1 I will exalt you, My God and King, and praise your name forever and ever. Every day I will praise you, yes I will praise you forever.  Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; No one can measure his greatness.

My Thoughts
God draws near when we praise him...this is a wonderful verse to remember... to have always on the tip of our tongue.... when we are in distress, when we are worried, or anxious and just can't think if we arm ourselves with these words God will draw near to us... it is amazing, truly amazing how anxiety or anger will just melt away from your body when you praise God... a few months ago... after reading my Bible daily... after going to Bible study and finally learning how to call on God when I couldn't even think... I found myself in a common, stressful situation with someone that I know.  This person (not in my household) can make me stressed in the blink of an eye... I am not even sure why... but it happens... I was in the presents of this person and I could feel frustration and anger building up inside me...I begin those thought of "I wish I could just say this"... "why do they always say that to me!".... and I stopped in my tracks...I begin to praise God... and thank God...over and over...this wonderful calm washed over me that was beyond amazing.... and instead of feeling angry and frustrated I was happy... I felt joy!!... I try to do this lots now... sometimes those old habits try and take over..sometimes I get home and think oh I should have just started praising God and I wouldn't be so upset now... then I tell myself it is never too late to praise God...and I start then.... and I get my calm peace ... the more do this the more it becomes what I think of to do. Anytime you hear yourself thinking sad, or bad thoughts....anytime you find the devil in your mind telling yourself that you are worthless or that you messed up and can't make it right... start praising God... chase the devil and his negativity away and watch, feel your mood change...when God is near evil can't flourish!!




1 comment:

jules said...

Jeannie, thank you again for reminding us of how God wants us to live. You are a living example of a Christian. You tell your faults, but how they are changed to a life pleasing to God when we think of Him first. Thank you for your time. I am going to try this as well. I do sometimes pray for God to help me in similar situations, but I never thought about praising God. Julie