I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, October 1, 2013

10.1.11

Isaiah 62:6-7 O Jerusalem, I have posted watchmen on  your walls; they will pray day and night, continually. Take no rest, all you who pray to the Lord. Give the Lord no rest until he completes his work, until he makes Jerusalem the pride of the earth.

My Thoughts
My sweet Robby is on vacation this week, so I read this verse to him and we had a chance to talk about it.  I love when we do that!!  I thought of how Jesus is sitting next to God praying for us all the time, interceding for us! He is our watchman, then I paid close attention to the next line, it say, "take no rest, all you who pray to the Lord." We need to be in pray continually! 

Robby and I talked about the things we can do and pray, and the things that we can't do and pray.  He can paint and build (he has a house project going on right now) and pray while he works.  I can clean the kitchen and pray. I can sew and pray. I can solder jewelry and pray. There are times all through out his day at UPS where he can pray as he works. 

Then there are the things that distract us from prayer.  The TV... I can not watch TV and pray.... I can't pray if I am busy with idle talk and gossip. I can't pray and surf the Internet or read.  I can stop and pray while I surf but I can't do both at the same time.   

This verse tells me to be in constant prayer.  I am learning that if I am not learning about God, I need to be praying to God. If I am not busy acting in love towards others because I love God, I need to be in prayer.  I never, ever need to let my mind be idle, it needs to be busy with God.  Communicating with God in all that I do.  Busy sending prayers up or taking wisdom in, so that when I am called to act I am filled to the brim with God. 

As I wrote this I though to myself, "You know, if I am busy praying all the prayers that I need to pray, just think of what prayers Jesus can pray over me, because He is not busy taking up my slack!" 

You might be asking what I have asked myself, "What can I pray about alllllll day long?" I am learning that "thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, God" is the most amazing pray that I pray!

No comments: