I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, October 23, 2013

10.23.13

2 Timothy 1:14 Through the power of the Holy Spirit who lives within us, carefully guard the precious truth that has been entrusted to you.

My Thoughts
Oh wow... look at this... it is a precious truth!!  How do we guard this truth?  Why do we have to guard it?  We guard it by renewing our minds daily. By putting the word back into our brains...by thinking on God's word and forming it in a way that we can remember... I used word pictures whenever possible...then I am better able to use what I have learned.  Satan is always trying to steal the truth from us... he will do things to make us question of what we believe is true...that is when we go back to God's word and read it again... that is when we get with a godly friend that we trust and ask them what they think.  

Right here it tells us that we have been entrusted with the God's precious truth.  When I think of being entrusted with something special, I think of my grand-baby, Ripley. Her mom and dad trust me with her...they trust me to take care of her, to watch over her, to do the best that I possible can with her. When we are entrusted with God's word, with God's truth we are to treat is like it is precious, like it matters, like it is important. We are to guard it...make sure that it stays put in our hearts...we are to make sure that we use it wisely.  We are never to treat it like it does no matter... like it is something that we just put over into the corner and ignore.  The Holy Spirit will help us know what is true... the Holy Spirit will help us to know how to use what we have learned.  But first we must treat the truth like it is important enough to seek after.  

Once God makes us interested in knowing about His word, in knowing about Him, in knowing about Jesus, He has entrusted us... we do not ever need to take that lightly.  We need to treat it as something precious. It is, after all, a gift to us a treasure passed down to us. An important truth.  It is the secret to life, that God gives us all an opportunity to know...but we must do our part and seek after that truth. Then we are to hold tight to it once we have it!  It matters! It is life changing! 

No comments: