I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, October 15, 2013

10.15.13

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal comfort and a wonderful hope, comfort you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say.

My Thoughts
God does this, without a doubt, God comforts and and strengthens us in every good thing we say and so.  Think about it... when we are going about having a good day, being helpful to others.  When our words are kind and sweet and helpful,  we get to the end of our day with ease...we wonder where the day went so fast... we marvel at all we have accomplished. 

Then there are days when we grumble and complain.  We are so busy noticing the bad in life, in people that we end up exhausted and anxious.  The day drags... we wonder if we will ever get home.  We say things like, "This day has been ten days long."  Why? Because there is no comfort and hope in grumbling and complaining, in ignoring the needs of others.  

When we are kind in our actions and in our words, it is like a sunny day... we can actually see the rays of God shinning down on us. But when we are grumbling and complaining, ignoring the needs of others or speaking unkindly... it is like a rainy day the thick dark clouds get in the way of God's blessings on our lives. 

We have a choice, we can choose to act in love no matter how we feel... When we act in love then God sends down His blessings like the rays of the sun...and our feelings follow!

No comments: