I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, October 31, 2013

10.31.13

Hebrews 2:1 So we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it.

My Thoughts
I can so see this verse in my life.  We were always trying to do good. We would find a church and go for the longest time, trying our best to do good.  Then something would happen and we would drift away from Church. We never seemed to fit.  This time when we found our church, we did a couple of things very different, quite on accident. First we were reading our Bibles daily, each of us when we started Life Church.  Second we went to church and learned to be the church not get from church.  Oh we still get so much from church, but we are also very much a part of being the church. 

I have learned that I must listen carefully to God's word in more ways than just hearing the pastor preach on Sunday morning.  I just listen to the words of God as I read them.  I must renew my mind daily.  There is so much in God's word that it will take a whole lifetime to learn it all...and I got a late start.  When we would go to Chruch on Sunday and that was our lesson in godly things by the next Sunday we would forget what we learned...if we couldn't make God's word stick for a week how were we going to do better for a lifetime?  Now I know how to do better for a lifetime, study each day, every day of my life...then as I do what I learn each day... what God teaches me will become a part of who I am.  I just have to keep on keeping on forever.  As I do this my life just keeps getting better and better and better... such blessings follow our efforts.

No comments: