I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, October 17, 2013

10.17.13

1 Timothy 2:1-4 I [Paul] urge you [Timothy], first of all to pray for all people.  Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.  Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity.  This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.

My Thoughts
I keep reading verses that seem to be about how we are to respect our rulers... I don't think that is a coincidence. I think that it is a reminder from God. If we are praying for and interceding on behalf of all people, on behalf of our president and our congress so that we can live peaceful, quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. Doing this will please God and He will bless our nation.  We tend to look to rulers and leaders to make wise decisions on our behalf.  Instead we need to be talking to God, praying to God constantly...then He will soften the hearts of our leaders on our behalf.  

When I read in God's word about Him softening the hearts of kings... I always think, "Kings of old had it all, they had everything they want by just asking for it.  Anything they speak of wanting someone runs to get it for them. So if God can change the heart of a King, He can change the heart of anybody!" 

God can also change the hearts of the leaders in our country, in America. Isaiah 30:18 says this, So the Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the Lord is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for his help. We have to ask!  We can make a difference by asking, by running to God.  Martha ran to Jesus for His help and Jesus raised her brother Lazarus from the dead. Her faith in what God could do brought her brother back to her.  Our faith in God, our cries to God will put God in motion and He can save our country.  

I believe without a doubt that our grumblings and our complaints set the evil spirits in motion.  When we grumble and complain they know exactly what to do to make our lives miserable. So they get busy.  

We can pray and change our great nation, or we can grumble and complain and destroy it.  I would love to see my Facebook news feed light up with prayers for our nations instead of word posters that put our nation down, that put our leaders down.  If we don't like our president, if we don't like our congressmen we change them by praying for them of we can keep them the same with our grumblings. 

I would love to see changes... so I am going to go to God and sent Him in motion. I am going to refuse to negate my prayers with grumbling and complaining. I am going to call on God for our country every time I feel a grumble rise up in me.  I am going to do my part in making a difference. 

No comments: