I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, October 2, 2013

10.2.13

Proverbs 24:16 The godly man may trip seven times, but they will get up again. But one disaster is enough to overthrow the wicked.

My Thoughts
I look back over my life and think how easily I was knocked when when I was not walking with God like I should be.  Now that I am in constant contact with God, talking with Him daily, reading and learning and renewing my mind daily I am amazed at how hard it is to trip me up. Things that use to overwhelm me are just no big deal at all.  There have been a couple of big things to come along... and God gets me through to the other side.  And when He stands me back up on my feet, I am standing strong, happy and filled with joy! God has done so much in my life that I can not even imagine trying to get through a day again without Him.   

It is not enough to know who God is.  We have to spend time with Him.  That is how we get to know God. That is how we are able to call out to God.  That is how we know what we can ask for from God. I use to hope that God would answer my prayers.  Now I know that God will answer my prayers, because I know God enough to know what to ask for and how to ask.  The better I know God the more of my prayers that get answered. Each day I am more amazed at just how much God loves me.  And this verse tells me that even when I fall, I will get up!!  I love that!

No comments: