I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, October 5, 2013

10.5.13

Psalm 77:10-12 And I said, "This is my fate; the Most High has turned his hand against me."
But then I recalled all you have done, O Lord; I remembered your wonderful deeds of long ago.  They are constantly in my thoughts .  I cannot stop thinking about your mighty works.

My Thoughts
In the verses before this Asaph is wondering where God is, then He remembers the stories of old. How God is always with us, we leave God. God doesn't leave us. After Asaph remembers what God has done, after he reminds himself of God's greatness and how God keeps his promises Asher starts praising God again. History brings Asaph back to God.

When we praise God it brings God near to us!  As we praise God, God's peace falls upon us because He is near.  Asaph brought God close again. He could not find praise for the moment but He could find praise for the past.  The past brought back Asaph's faith. The stories of old were important to Asaph current situation, not because of Asph'a situation but because they restored his faith.    

It is important for us to put the stories of the Bible in our hearts along with the stories of our own lives and the lives of the people around us. That way we know that we know that we know that God was there with us, helping us. We know that God helped the Israelites, God has helped us before, God has helped our friends and our families, God will help us now.  We need those stories to draw on when we are attacked by Satan. We need those stories to draw on when the stresses of life pile up around us. We need those stories to draw on when sickness strikes.  When we are not feeling very thankful, when we can't find God.  Then we can pull up those stories, they are important to us, they are important to our survival. When we pull up those stories we have something to send up praises for, a time when we knew God was present and before we know it we will once again feel God's presence and we will be able to draw from His strength.   We all have those moments in life that are so hard we can't seem to find God, even if He is right there with us. Moments where the trauma of life is like a dense fog and we can't seen anything clearly.  That is when those stories are most important... those stories are like turning on a fog light and then we see God standing right there in front of us, knowing He was there all along.

No comments: