I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, October 8, 2013

10.8.13

Colossians 3:18-19 Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting for those who belong to the Lord.  Husbands, love your wives and never treat then harshly.

My Thoughts
It is amazing what God does... just yesterday a dear friend of mine was talking about doing what her husband asked her to do.... and how God blessed her.  Then this morning I read these verses.  So heartwarming.

My sweet friend has three little girls who needed shoes.  Her husband, who loves and cherishes her, told her, "Don't get the shoes just yet we can't quite afford them."  So she waited a few weeks, even though she didn't really want to.  But she knew that she was suppose to submit to her husband.  Finally, well it felt like finally to her, he said, "You can go get the girls some shoes now."  When she got to the store where she gets her girls shoes (she likes to get nice shoes so they will last). The shoes she wanted were on sale for 75% off.  She said that she had never seen a sale that good at this shoe store.  God blessed her for submitting to her husband...and she was able to get 3 nice pair of shoes for the price of one pair.  That means that she had money left over. 

God watches over us, and He knows when we are doing what He would have us do so that we  honor Him.  He honored my sweet friend and her husband who loves her.  

We live in a world today that teaches women to be independent of their husbands.  It also teaches men that it is funny to put down their wives.  But what if we lived like God says instead of how the world tells us to act?  I know that my sweet Robby likes to take care of me... no he loves to take care of me. It is important to him that he takes care of me.  As a man it is important to him to provide for his family.  when he does that he feels good about himself.  To him that is the most important job that he has on this earth.  When I am dependent on him, when I submit to him, it makes his life have a purpose.  When I do that it also frees me up to love him, to concentrate on loving him. The more I have learned to let Robby take care of me, and the more that I take care of him the better our lives become. When we meet the needs of each other instead of always trying to meet our own needs our relationship flourishes. When I do what Robby ask of me....and when Robby treats me with love (which he always does)... God makes sure that our needs are met.  God softens my heart towards Robby and He softens Robby's heart toward me.  

Look back at my sweet friends story about the shoes... She waited like her husband asked, he loved her for it... they were both blessed in the end.    
 

No comments: