I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, October 21, 2013

10.21.13

1 Timothy 5:13 And if they (younger widows) are on the list (to be taken care of by the church) they will learn to be lazy and will spend their time gossiping from house to house, meddling in other people's business and talking about things they shouldn't.

My Thoughts
I found this verse interesting.  I was applying it in my mind to those times when I have tried to decided when or if I should help somebody.  There are those times we should help people for sure!  It is obvious, it would be wrong not to do so.  Then there are those times when people ask for help and you know that if you help them they will go and buy something that is not good for them, like a drug addict. But there are also those times when you start to help somebody and you get that nudge not to do it.  It can be confusing, very confusing at times.  When this has happened to me I have wondered if my confusion was selfish or was is based on something that I needed to think about.

This verse helps me.  When those times of questioning come up in those moments of decision I will know to ask, "Will this help, help or will it enable this person to sin?"  This verse lets me know that it is important not to "enable" a person that is able, that is not good for them.  Sometimes the best help is not to help. 

I never, ever want to miss use this verse...but sometimes I do need help in knowing.  We, Robby and I, have at times when we didn't know "if" to help could have benefited from this verse.  God has all the answers, we just have to know where to look. 

No comments: