I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, October 7, 2013

10.7.13

Jeremiah 6:16 This is what the Lord says: "Stop at the crossroads and look around.  Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it.  Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls.

My Thoughts
I was really struck by this verse when I read it. This is what this verse says to me. It says that there is always a choice to choose to do what God would have us to do.  That we should not plow forward into anything... we need to stop and think about our choices.  Our decisions  should be based on  God's word.  It also tells me that if I have not found rest in my soul that I need to take a step back and re-examine the choices I have made. If I have not found rest, I most likely have made a choice that is not godly.  It is important that I understand that I will find rest for MY soul... there may be people around me that are not always happy with my choice, but God will give me peace when I choose to follow Him no matter how people respond.

The more that we understand how to recognize God's plans for us, or the Holy Spirit's promptings when we choose a wrong path... the better we are able to do better in the future.  God tells us in His word that He will grow us until the day of Jesus' return.  We don't need to beat ourselves up when we mess up, we need to learn from our mistakes how to do better.  When we ask God to forgive us, He does so we grow better when we are able to forgive ourselves and move forward. 

Today I have learned that when I don't have peace in my soul, I need to take time to talk to God about it and grow from my mistake. What a blessing that our God is the God that forgives, that loves us and teaches us to do better. The God that give us rest when we follow Him. 

No comments: