I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, October 16, 2013

10.16.13

Jeremiah 26:13 But if you stop your sinning and begin to obey the Lord your God, he will change his mind about this disaster that he has announced against you.

My Thoughts
We each have the power to save our country, and we each have a responsibility to save our country. We can't do it by blaming others, pointing fingers, posting political posters on Facebook.  We can't do it by telling everybody THEY are doing wrong. We can't play the blame game and talk about how other people are sinning  while we are being all puffed up about how well we are doing because we are doing better than the next guy! 

But we can make a difference by doing our best each day to know God better. Doing our best each day to be more godly than we were the day before. We can make our country better by loving others into the kingdom.  By making our lives, lives that others want because they see love and joy in our actions. Because they see peace in our lives.  

We will never change our country by grumbling and complaining about our government.  But we can change our country by falling on our knees and thanking God for all the good that still abounds in our country.   

We will never draw others into the Kingdom of God by being critical and harsh.  We will never draw others into the Kingdom of God by being complainers.  We will never draw others into the Kingdom of God by trashing our government leaders.  We draw people into the Kingdom of God with love. Love in our actions, love in our words.  We draw people into the Kingdom of God with kindness and with a gentle spirit.

When we live our lives the way God wants us to live our lives, God will send down His protection over our city, over our state, over our country.  When we lead more people to God the larger His protection over our city grows.  When we act as godly people God is able to send down His protection. 

This verse does not tell us to be a voice against our government...this verse does not tell us to point fingers at others.  This verse tells us to obey the Lord your God and then disaster will not be announced against us! 

No comments: