I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, October 18, 2013

10.18.12

Jeremiah 32:38-39 They will be my people and I will be their God.  And I will give them one heart and one purpose: to worship me forever, for their own good and for the good of all their descendants.

My Thoughts
I love this! When I allowed God to be the God of my life my world changed.  If you had been looking through the window of my house with no sound you might not think anything was different at all.  But if you could hear my words, my conversations with my husband, Robby.  If you could see the people God has put in my life you would see the difference.  

God made me feel so very loved, that it freed me to be totally in love with everything around me. God made me feel so loved that my thoughts can only be good thoughts. God made me feel so loved that I see the best in people, that I believe the best in people.  God made me feel so loved that it is hard to bad because He puts oh, so much good into my life! God loves me so much that He tells me when my thinking is all wrong, that He points out the good qualities of others. God loves me so much that He shows me the good in me and shows me how to love myself.  The more I am able to love me, the more I am able to love others.  God loves me so much that He taught me to see the harder things in people as something that I needed to pray for.  God loves me so much that He gives me His abounding grace to get over hurts, to see them for what they are, to now dwell on them, He teaches me to believe what He believes about others and about me.  

Before if you listened  at my window you would have seen moments of happiness and moments of great despair.  You would have seen someone that wore their feelings on their sleeve and took the weight of the world on their shoulders from worry.  You would have seen someone who wanted desperately to be loved, a person that was so lost that she couldn't feel the love around her.  You would have seen a people please-er who felt like she never pleased anyone.  

Now if you listened at my window you would see a wonderfully happy person.  Somebody that feels as loved as she is. I was always loved by the people around me, I just didn't love me so it was hard to feel the love others had for me.  If you listened at my window you would see somebody that doesn't worry because she knows that God can hold the weight of the world.  You would see someone that hardly ever gets her feelings hurt because she can see people as people that are all trying to do their best most of the time.  A person that understands that everybody has a bad day.  That knows even if someone was being intentional in inflicting hurting words that they are hurting and need love and prayers and forgiveness.  You would see a person that tries her best to please God and lets Him take care of the people around her.  You would see a happy, joyful person!  

The difference is that I learned to let God be my God.  I learned to worship Him...and the more I know Him the more reasons I have to worship Him.   The more I know Him the more I trust Him with and the happier I become, the safer I feel, the more confident I am, the healthier I get.  When I love and worship God it is good for my life. The more I have my eyes on Him and off of me the more I am able to love me, and the people around me. 

I love that God gives me one thing to do, love Him!  And when I do that all else falls right into place!

No comments: