I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, October 30, 2013

10.30.13

Lamentations 3:25 The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him. 

My Thoughts
I read this and thought back at my life when I didn't know how to search for God. When I didn't really understand how to depend on Him. Then I looked at my life today and marveled at how much my life has changed since I have learned how to search for God in all things... since I have learned to truly depend on God. 

First I search for Him in His word each morning... as I learn God's word, I  can better see God in all that is my day.  I use to see God things and lucky moments.  Not I see those moments as blessings sent straight down from God  because he loves me so much.  The more I am able to see God in my day, in the every day things in my life, the more I am able to let God have my life.  Depending on the world left me frustrated and disappointed, but depending on God leaves me with joy, if leaves me feeling blessed beyond measure.  

In Bible Study Monday, Tammy talked about joy coming from deep within us...and "happiness" coming from things of this world.  I almost jumped out of my seat with excitement... what I feel these days is pure joy.. joy in every part of my life.  Because God is there.  God's word teaches us how to have joy. The movies tell us what is suppose to make us happy, and each movie tells us something different.  The world is never the same, always changing. When we search for the happiness of the world, just when we reach it, it changes.  Like this years fashion... finally we fill our closets with it only to turn on the TV and find that the hem line has gone down and the waste line has gone up and our closet doesn't look happy any more.  The wonderful things about God is that He is always, always the same...and if we learn to search for Him, He will give us joy...and then when we wake up tomorrow... God will still be the same...and we will get to stay put in our joy!!  

When I depended on the world for happiness it was always slipping away just when I thought I found it.  When I started searching for God and depending on Him.. joy filled my heart, pure joy!  And each day instead of slipping away it just grows bigger and better and better and better. I feel so thankful these days...and as each day passes God gives me more reasons to be thankful... and joy just overflows! 

No comments: