I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, October 10, 2013

10.10.13

Psalm 80:3 Turn us again to yourself, O God.  Make your face shine down upon us. Only then will we be saved.

My Thoughts
In Matthew 9:24 a father that has come to Jesus so Jesus will help his son says,  “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!” ... When I read Psalm 80:3 I thought of Matthew 9:24...then I thought of Jesus saying The Lord answered, "If you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, 'May you be uprooted and thrown into the sea,' and it would obey you! (Luke 17:6)  These verses comforted me! 

They comforted me because I knew that if my faith wavers...If I get into a place where I am close to forgetting, all I have to be able to do is call out to God to help me to have faith, to help me remember Him.  Even when our faith is a tiny as a mustard seed, we have strength because we  still believe...somewhere deep down we know that God has power over our lives. Our faith only has to be strong enough to call out!!

But it is also important not to leave our faith in such a weak state.  We need to grow our faith. When we grow our faith we live deeper in the protection of God.  I imagine it like being in a tree... you can climb a new tree and feel all the wind around you...touching you, like the things of the world can touch us... in a new tree you can feel the wind touching your skin, blowing your hair. It can reach you.  But if you grow your faith strong...it is like being in a hundred old oak tree.  You can hear the wind rattling the leaves, but you only know it's there because you hear it,  you don't feel it.  As we grow our faith we have more faith to draw on in more situations.  Growing our faith is like adding to the branches and leaves and roots of the tree.  The stronger out faith the more we can stand against. 

But even strong, strong storms can sometimes uproot mighty trees...and that is where the above verses come into play... that is when we grab onto just a leave...and hold to it tight... we grab the leaf that makes us know God can grow our faith stronger, God can help our unbelief...and with God's love our tree can grow big and strong in record time!

No comments: