I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, October 20, 2013

10.20.13

1 Timothy 4:8 "Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.

My Thoughts
I read this and couldn't help but think of that 9 or 10 months I spent exercising almost every day.  It made me feel good.  It made me look good.  It got me up and got me going.  It gave me more energy to last the day.  It was good for my heart and lungs, my whole body.  Feeling good can even change your attitude.  It changed how the people around me viewed me.  It changed how I viewed myself.  

As wonderful as that was for me... it did not have the benefits that reading my Bible has had, it did not have the benefits that Bible Study has had.  It did not have the benefits that making godly friends has had.  It did not have the benefits that going to chruch in a godly church has had. 

Each day as I pick up my Bible to read I am amazed at the new things that I learn.  Each day it grows me into a better person. Each day it renews my spirit, my joy, my strength, my peace.  Each time I meet with people at my church my knowledge is expanded beyond what I understand in my reading... and my understanding expands the people around me.  Each day that I pick up my Bible I love God more, I love people more.  The peace that I receive can not be bought in pill bottles or at doctor's offices, it can't be found in any other book on earth.  My walk with God, my daily Bible reading grows me in amazing ways.. it has helped me overcome fear and anxiety, panic and depression.  It has taught me how to use the power of words to call down healing on my body from Heaven. It has healed relationships in my life and taught me how to love more completely than I was ever able to love before.  And as much as I loved and respected Robby all of our marriage, it has taught me how love, honor and respect Robby and our marriage even more.  The words that drop into my heart each day as I grow in God are life changing and I cherish each one of them. 

If you do not read your Bible daily I so encourage you to do so, I beg you to do so!  I so wish that I could put it into words how amazingly different my life is.  I just don't want a person missing out on the amazing things God can do in us when we pick up our Bibles and start to read. God's word never, ever returns void.  There is nothing that makes me happier than to hear that somebody has started reading their Bible each day... I feel so excited for their future. God has always, always returned to me the time that I use to read my Bible.  And in the process grew me by leaps and bounds. 

No comments: