I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, October 4, 2013

10.4.13

Jeremiah 3:23b Only in the Lord our God will Israel ever find salvation.  

My Thoughts
I read this and thought of the United States and our government. We put our faith in our government instead of putting our faith in God and letting God take care of our government.   Colossians 1:17 tell us that God existed before anything else, and that God holds all creation together.   He will hold our country together if we depend on Him, if we put our faith in Him.  Each time that we turn another part of our lives over to the government we are saying, "Government, I depend on you."  When what we should be doing is putting all our faith in God and saying, "God I depend on you."  Only in God will we ever find salvation.  

God even gives us an instruction book, the Bible.  It is never changing. It is always the same.  It tells us if you do this, then I will do this.  It is the same as when my grandmother read it and it is the same as where her grandmother read it.  It tells us how to have a good life, how to have a great nation.  We just have to pick it up and read it and act on what it tells us.  

The wonderful thing about God, about His word, is that we can each profit from doing our part.   We don't have to wait for people to decide together. We each get to decide for ourselves to do the "if's".... when we do the "if's" God begins to do the "then's" in our lives.  What I do matters and what you do matters.  God sees all of our efforts.  We just have to put our faith completely in God.   

No comments: