I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, September 30, 2013

9.30.13

Philippians 2:16 Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ's return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless.

My Thoughts
Hold firmly to the word of life.  We can't hold firmly if we don't know God word!  It is essential that we read, for ourselves our Bibles, we are so blessed to have them.  For years I tried to be a good Christian person, I thought that I knew God. After all I went to church (a lot of those years).  I listened to the preacher and did my best to do what he taught me to do.  But I didn't read my Bible.  It just sat there gathering dust on the shelf.  Three years ago I was given a one year Bible by my son.  I started to read it every day.  Because I was going to finish it just once because John-Robert had given it to me, a Bible all mapped out for me to read each day.  At first I was as lost as when I would try to read my Bible in the past, but I kept reading...and just as God's word promises, (If you seek wisdom, wisdom will find you.) I began to understand what I was reading.  My life had changed so much at the end of that year that I knew I would never stop reading my Bible daily.  That was 3 years and 9 full months ago.  Some days life just gets in the way...but only some days and I miss a day, but I always try to catch up. A few times I have gotten a few day behind when that happens I read at least the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs parts to catch me up to the current day.  But mostly, I would say 95% of the time I read my Bible each day, renewing my mind with what God wants me to know.  Now I know God, I don't just know who God is.  Now I know if someone is misleading me in what God wants. Know I know for myself what God wants for me. Now so much of the Bible is a part of my heart that when I face hard times or just when I face daily issues, I can call on God's word to make the right choice. Now I truly understand that God will forgive me.  Now I "get" what God's grace is and I call on it all the time. 

I am not perfect, I will never be perfect. But thank you Jesus, I have a way to be made right. I am no longer tormented by Satin, because I know what His lies are and I know what God's truth about me is!  Each say I am amazed. Each day not only do I love God more, I love others more and I love myself more.  Each day not only does God forgive me, I am able to forgive me.  Peace and joy chase after me.  Because God's word is in me and I use it, mostly to fend off Satan. And it works!

If you are not in a place where you want to be. If your life is not where you would like it to be.  If you fight depression, anxiety and panic or low self-esteem, I beg of you.. Please pick up your Bible and start reading.  Don't give up it takes a few months, but you will begin to see wonderful changes in your life!!  When you do please tell me about them!  Share with others so they can have what you have.  Life can be amazing. God's word is life altering! 

No comments: