I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, September 27, 2013

9.27.13

Psalm 69:20 Their insults have broken my heart, and I am in despair. If only one person would show some pity; if only one would turn and comfort me.


My Thoughts

My Bible says that this is a Psalm of David. I tried to find out if it was written before or after he became king. But with my research skills I had no luck. Either way it does not matter. David was broken hearted and in despair and not one person comforted him.

I could not help but wonder if this was after he became king... a person that so many people want to please..... if it was He still did not get comforted. He was pleading to God.
There are two things to learn from this verse. One God is always there to comfort us, we can always call out to God, we are never alone when we know God.

The second thing we can learn from this verse is that if we walk away from someone that needs comforting words, we may have been the only person that would offer those words. Our kind words matter to those around us. The powerful and the not so powerful... Our boss or the girl checking us out at Walmart. We may be the only person that offers comfort and we do not need to pass up that chance.

I recently talked to a sweet girl in a store where I shop. She had a family member that was really sick. I asked to say a prayer with her, I almost didn't, then I felt the Holy Spirit urging me on. As I prayed she sobbed. When I was finished I hugged her up and said that I would be on my way, that kindness often made me cry harder. As I was finishing up my shopping she found me and gave me one more hugs and these words, "No one, not one person that I work with, not one customer that I wait on has offered to pray with me until you. Thank you so much!" What if I had walked away?


As I read this verse I thought of all the times I have walked away, lost in my own stress or business of the day. I have walked away afraid of rejection of the words, "Can I say a prayer for you?" What if we are the only one to pray? What if the angels are waiting to move, waiting on someone to ask and we are the only ones that know how to ask? What if that person is so far from God that the forgot how to ask God to move? Our words matter, our prayers matter!

No comments: