I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, September 12, 2013

9.12.13

Psalms 56:8 You keep track of all my sorrows, you have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.

My Thoughts
I love this verse, I love how it makes me know that God cares about my sorrow, that He knows every tear I have ever cried. That He will hold me in His arms one day for each one of those tears.

On the flip side of that... I am so very thankful He forgives us of our sins, of when we have wronged others... of when we have added to the jar of someone else's sorrows. How merciful is a God who would remember our tears and forgive our trespasses!!

It so saddens me when I hear a Child of God say, "He will pay for that!!" There will be a horrible crime story on TV and we hear all around us, "Oh I hope he pays for that!!" "Wait until He meets God! God will punish Him!" I always think when I hear those words of how I want God to forgive me...and if God is going to forgive me, if God is going to throw all of my sins into the Sea of Forgetfulness, as far as the East is from the West, then I have to want that for even the most hardened criminal. It is our job to pray for the sinner as well as the person that has been hurt. We want the victim to have their tears collected so that they can be comforted by God, so that one day they can sit in His lap and be loved on for all that they have gone through. But if we believe that part of God's word we have to believe the part where God will forgive all of our sins... that He has that forgiveness for each one of us if we ask. This is where Matthew 5:44 comes in where Jesus tells us to love our enemies and pray for those who have hurt us.

We can want the tears of the people we love collected in a jar so that God can mend all their hurts, but we must also love our enemies and pray for the people that hurt us! Both of these things are written in God's word. If we believe one, we must believe the other. If we act on one, we must also act on the other.


No comments: