I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, September 6, 2013

9.6.13

Psalms 51:12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you.

My Thoughts
There was so much in what I read today that I wanted to write about...but God kept sending me right back to this verse!!   I checked to make sure, David wrote this Psalm.  David, a man that loved God so much the he is written about in the Bible. A man that loved God so much that he spent hours upon hours of writing Psalms to God.  A man that trusted God so much that he was willing to stand up against a giant when he was just a boy.  He asked God to restore his joy for salvation and make him willing to obey God.

When I read this it makes me excited... excited that God's grace covers everything, even my unwillingness to obey God.  I, me, Jeannie Phillips can ask God to help my willingness to obey Him!  And when I do, God will send down His grace and make me able!!!  When I obey God my joy is restored!! 

In the new testament, Mark 9:24, (I had to Google it to know where to find it) a father that wanted Jesus to heal his child was asked, do you believe, by Jesus and he replied, I do believe but Lord help my unbelief. Another example of God's grace making us able to do what we could not do on our own. 

These two examples just say to me that any area where I find faith weak all I have to do is ask God to help me. I can even say to God, "God, help me love you more!"  "God, please help my prayer life."  "God, help me think of you the first thing in the morning and the last thing at night."  God reaches down His hand... it is always there just above our heads, it is saying I am here to help you with anything you need.  What we have to do is reach up with our words and ask!  Oh just now as I typed those words I felt God's peace drop down on me like a sheet on a spring day...Joy! Pure Joy!  Thank you Jesus!! 

No comments: