I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, September 25, 2013

9.25.13

Ephesians 4:16 He (God) makes the whole body (of the church) fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.

My Thoughts
I love this!!!... It just drives home to me how important being who I am is! God made me, He put together all the parts of my personality like He wanted it for a reason.  I don't need to be like my friend Lisa, or like Mrs Kay.  I don't have to study the same way that Tammy does, I have her for that :). I have to learn the way that I learn. I don't have to have the energy that Karen does, oh I love her energy,  or the strength and grace that Jo Ann has..it always amazes me!  I get to be blessed by all these ladies and more of my sweet friends at Church... and I need what I get from each one of them.  They grow me all the time. But God taught me that I also grow them!!  There are things about me that my friends need. I have a part that is important in the lives of the people around me.  I can't do my part if I am busy trying to be like everybody else or what I think everybody else wants me to be. I can only meet those needs if I use my personality, that God made just for me.  The Bible tells me that I am wonderfully made, me, Jeannie Phillips, just like I am.  I only need to try to be the best that God tells me to be... I only have to try to be like Jesus.  Then I can use exactly who I am to give to those around me.  God put me where He needed me... for me, but also for others.  I have my own brand of encouragement, I have my own little bits of wisdom, I have my own abilities that I can share and teach. And if someone needs a hug well they know exactly where to find one. 

Each of us makes up an important part of the church where God planted us.  Each of us makes up an important part of community where God planted us or the job where God planted us or in the family where God planted us.  The only way to use that successfully is by embracing who God make us to be. By growing that in positive, loving ways according to God's word.  Then by sharing unique selves with others...on the endless possibilities when we learn to love ourselves like God loves us!

I am working on this... I stumble sometimes and try once again to be the people around me...then I remember that God's word says that I am wonderfully made, and the Bible tells me that God knitted me together in my mother's womb... so I am who He wants me to be. Or a friend  reminds me with their kind words that I matter in their lives.  Or someone tells me that they love my hugs.  Then I know I am who God made me to be and I need to be the best me that I can be.  I, me, my personality, am an important part of the body of Christ, each of us are!! 

No comments: