I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, September 24, 2013

9.24.13

Psalms 67:5-6 May the nations praise you, O God. Yes, may all the nations praise you. Then the earth will yield its harvests, and God, our God, will richly bless us.


My Thoughts

We go about grumbling and compiling about our government. We post cleaver pictures and other people's articles on Facebook on what we stand against.... like our post will be heard and change the world. We constantly play the blame game on why our country is falling apart. We blame Obama because we might lose our health care as we know it. We wonder why the weather is crazy and why people are shooting up people every time we turn on the news. All the while still grumbling and complaining.

Our post and our complaints, our speaking out will not solve our problems... The answer is right here in God's word! When we praise God the earth will yield it harvest and God will richly bless us.

Our health care has really been on my heart lately. I do fear we are in danger of loosing health care as we know it. Not because of "Obama Care" but, instead because of our grumbling and complaining. Our total lack of being thankful to God for what He so generously provided for us! All my life I have heard grumbling and compiling about paying doctor bills and how much medicines cost from people with good health care. People including myself, complaining when deductibles went up... or when a prescription was expensive and our co-pay was $25 instead of $5. How many times do we pay our co-pay and look up to Heaven and say, "Thank you God! I am so blessed that I can come to the doctor for just $20, what a wonderful gift you have given me." How many times have we said, "Thank you God that this $300 prescription only cost me $25! You have so greatly provided for me!" We can go through surgery that we now see as "simple surgery" instead of the miracle it is, pay $300 total on a bill that was $5000 and grumble and complain instead of praising God for our health, and for keeping our bank accounts safe.


I think often of "simple surgeries." I imagine that the first time someone's appendix was taken it it was written about in the papers as a miracle! Now you can say, "I have to have my appendix out and no one even flinches. You can sometimes get that, "And why are you telling me this!" look. I remember the story of two of my aunts...one died at the age of 3 from a disease called Purpura... she got symptoms that morning and was dead by that evening. Ten or so years later my grandmother was holding another one of her girls and saw the same brusing on her legs, frantic she ran to the doctor who almost laughed at my grandmother for being so upset. He simply gave my aunt a shot...the several over the next months. She is alive and well today from a disease that killed a sister that she never knew. For my grandmother that was a miracle. Now that disease is probably prevented by some shot we get as a baby and we don't even know we are receiving a miracle. Babies use to die from the mumps and measles, I had the mumps, my children didn't... they had the measles and now my sweet grand-baby, Ripley will probable never have them. That is a miracle. Instead of praising God we forget to even me thankful.


We have the power, in our words to restore our land. We can unleash the powers of Heaven with praise... or we can bind of those powers with complaints. We can take our idle thought captive and replace them with praise. Not only will that keep our minds free of things we shouldn't think about it will set loose God's angels to heal our land so it will yield a great harvest... praise has the ability to set God into motion and make our hard work count for something... Praise has the ability to set God into motion healing our economy. The Bible tells us that the power is in the tongue... it also tells us that we can choose blessings or curses... this verse tells us exactly how to choose blessings.


So today as we go about our day, will we grumble and complain and unleash curses on ourselves or will we praise God and unleash blessings? It is our choice. What will you choose?

No comments: