I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, September 4, 2013

9.4.13

Ecclesiastes 10:10 Using a dull ax requires great strength, so sharpen the blade.  That's the value of wisdom; it helps you succeed.

My Thoughts
When I read this verse this morning my first thought was if reading God's word daily, it helps us keep our sword of truth sharpened for a daily battles.  When we keep God's word fresh in our minds with a daily dose it is much easier to draw on it for our life.  The more I get God's word into my heart the better decisions I make and the easier those decisions come.  When my sword of truth is sharpened I don't have to make a decision then remember the verse I needed to know.  I know what God expects when I make the decisions in my life. 

Also when God's word is fresh in my heart and mind I am way more able to fight Satin when he attacks me, when he attacks my thoughts, when he tells me that I don't matter.  When God's word is fresh in my mind, when my mind is sharp with God's word, I can win the battle of words that Satin sends soaring through my head about me.  Because I know what God says about me, and that what God says is truth! 

Wisdom comes from God's word.  The world likes us to believe it comes from the world, but it comes straight from God.  The more we grow in God's wisdom the more we can be successful in what really matters. 

No comments: