I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, September 22, 2013

9.22.13

Galatians 6:9-10 So let's not grow tired of doing what is good, at just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessings if we don't give up. Therefore, whenever we have an opportunity, we should do good to everyone--especially to those in the family of faith.


My Thoughts

I was asked one time about the part of this verse that says "especially to those in the family of faith." I prayed about it and this is what God gave me to say, and it has really stuck with me.

If there were hungry, dirty children wandering your neighborhood and they were told that they could pick any house to live in I imagine they would pick the best house. I can see those dirty little faces looking in. If they looked into a window and saw hungry dirty faces, they would not want to live in that house. But if they looked in the window and saw happy, laughing children with clean clothes and shinny clean faces and pretty hair they would choose the family where the children were taken care of.

If we are not taking care of our own brothers and sisters in Christ, how will we know how to take care of the people outside of our Church family? I don't of know of one family that doesn't take care of their own that care one bit about anybody else either. If you don't know how to take care of the people that you are no doubt suppose to love, you are surely not going to take care of the people that you don't even know.

We must take care of one another!! We all have different strengths, and we all have different needs. We we use those strengths to meet each other needs we build a bond that keeps us strong, especially in times of trouble. We work together best when we are bonded together by love. The we are more able to reach out and meet the needs of the people outside of our families.

I believe that a church that is not meeting the needs of its family, is a church that is unable to reach out to the community. I also believe that as a member of the Church we each have the obligation to do our part, to use our strength to love on the people of our family. So that we all become strong enough to reach out beyond the walls of our home.

No comments: