I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, September 3, 2013

9.3.13

Proverbs 22:17-19 Listen to the words of the wise; apply your heart to my instructions. For it is good to keep these sayings in your heart and always ready on your lips. I am teaching you today -- yes you -- so you will trust in the Lord.

My Thoughts
It is good to surround ourselves with wise people. People that are further in their walk with God than we are so that we can draw on their wisdom and learn from them. And it is good to keep God's word in our hearts so that we know it, truly know it and can use it when Satin strikes. God's word is strong than the devil. God's word is like perfect Devil Seeking Missiles that we can use to win our war on Satin. Satin runs from God's word. It is amazing how much strong God's word is than Satin is!! When we know God's word and we keep it ready we can fight anything that Satin tries to tell us.

God's word is how I fight anxiety and panic and it works. I don't know the scripture and verse, I use Google for that. But I do know what God's word says about me. So when Satin says that I can, I tell him that God says that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. When satin says that I am useless, I tell him that God says that I am wonderfully made. When Satin says that nobody cares about me, I say to him, "Are you kidding me God knows even the numbers of hairs on my head and that changes by the second!!" I struggled with anxiety and panic attacks every since I was a child, until I leaned how to use God's word! God's word is powerful and it never returns void!!

You might be thinking as you read this, "I can't memorize things, I can't remember that! I have tried!" I am hear to tell you, I didn't even realize how smart I was in school because spelling is my weakest point, and I couldn't memorize anything word for word. The word test would paralyze me! But God tells us that if we seek wisdom, wisdom will find us!!! I can't tell you scripture word for word, or chapter and verse. But I do know what God's word says, and I do use enough of the right words to Google where the scripture is found. You see God promised that if I seek wisdom I would find it... I read God's word and He puts it in my heart! The scripture also tells us that we should renew our minds constantly. So I read God's word every day in my One Year Bible. It is laid out Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs. So each say I renew my mind..and there are things that I read again and think "I thought I would never forget this and then I did!" But I am learning...and God is honoring that effort!! Each day I write here a little of what I read and what I think about what I read. It is how God's word touched me. The things I write about are the things that I remember the most. What I am trying to say is this, you can lean God's word and keep it in your heart. You can know God's word enough to fight off Satin, because if you will make the effort God will honor that effort!! God's word changes us... God's word seeps into our bodies and becomes a part of who we are! God's word is so alive, that when we know it, we have God's DNA in us making changes to who we are!! (Thank you Pastor Keith for that bit of knowledge it makes me happy every time!)

No comments: