I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, September 26, 2013

Ephesians 4:23 Instead let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy.

My Thoughts
The Holy Spirit who loves inside of us when we accept Jesus is key!  Learning to hear and listen to His guidance.  I often hear people say, "Something told me." or "I just knew."  It was the Holy Spirit!! When we realize this our lives begin to change in amazing ways.  We can know how to be righteous and holy when we learn to listen and be guided by the Holy Spirit.  The thing is we always have the choice, because God gives us free will, to choose to listen to the Holy Spirit or to what the world or Satan tries to tell us.

Do you ever have those thoughts in your head that you know that you don't need to be having?  Of course you do! We all do.  Then we feel from our very soul what we are suppose to be thinking on. That is the Holy Spirit sent to us by Jesus to help us know what choices we need to be making.  The Holy Spirit reminds us of God's word. So when we know God's word we are more able to recognize the Holy Spirit speaking to us!!

We have such power in our hands, the power of Heaven if we choose to listen to the Holy Spirit... if we get in God's word and let it soak into our souls.  The more we communicate with the Holy Spirit, the more we release the Holy Spirit in our lives, the better our lives get.  Amazing things happen!

The goal is to let the Holy Spirit lead our lives so strongly that our bodies are like a glove that fits over Him.  So often we treat the Holy Spirit like the glove and put Him in our pocket... instead He should fill our lives so full  that He is leading our actions, our words, our reactions, our thoughts. So full that our skin is like a glove over Him.  We need to learn to give it all over to Him.   That is when we can have an impact on the people around us!

No comments: