I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, September 8, 2013

9.8.13

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 But I am not suprised! Even Satan disguises himselve as an angel of light. So it is no wonder that his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. In the end they will get the punishement ther wicked deeds deserve.



My Thoughts

When I read this my first thought was, "This is why it is a must that I, me, Jeannie needs to read my Bible." Before I started reading my Bible there were so many things I thought about God's word that were not ture, because I believe what somebody said when they said first, "The Bible says....." I could be immediately imtimaded because they "knew" and I didn't.

When we read our Bibles for ourselves we are less likely to be deceived...when God's sticks in our head we are even more less likely to be deceived...and when God's word drops down into our hears ...that is when we can really decern the truth... it is there for us to feel the difference in what God's word says from what somebody says that wants to deceive us. We sure don't want to think we knew what the Bible said and find out from Hell that we had it all wrong.

What I do know for sure is that since I have began reading God's word, my life is different, my heart is different, my thoughts are different. I am a changed person, a more forgiving person, a more loving person. I am a person filled with peace and joy. I was once a constant worrier, now I hardly worry at all and when I find myself worring I call on God's word and it goes away. It is so important that we know God's word!! For ourselves!!



No comments: