I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, September 10, 2013

9.10.13

Isaiah 9:11 The Lord has given me a strong warning not to think like everyone else does.
My Thoughts
I have heard the phrase, "I just don't know what to think about that." all my life. I have said it... maybe it was a family phrase, or a southern phrase I am not sure but I have heard it. When I read this verse, that phrase came straight to my head and I thought, "When I think that I should ask myself, what does God tell me about this? Then I will know what to think!" My thought process continued into how often do I get upset at a situation because I think what the world would have me think instead of what God would have me think. Then I thought about a Bible verse we all know, and the world... I will forever call it
The World vs. 1 Corinthian 13 :4-7
When the world tells me that I deserve something NOW... God tells me to be patient. When the world tells me it is okay to strike out at people that I need to let my emotions out. God tells me to be kind. When the world tells me that something is not fair, God tells me not to be jealous. When the world tells me I did a good job, God tells me not to be boastful. When the world tells me that I am too good to do something or for something. God tells me not to be proud. When my emotions tell me that I should not let a car in, or I should cut a car off, God tells me not to be rude. When the world tells me that it is my turn! God tells me not to demand my own way. When my emotions tell me I am tired, then the world tells me it is okay to show my emotions, God tells me not to be irritable. When the world tell me never to forget what has been done to me, God tells me to keep no record of being wronged. When the world tells me to rejoice in all victories, about injustice. God tells me to only rejoices whenever the truth wins out. When the world tells me to give up, God tells me never gives up. When the world tells me that faith is useless, God tells me never loses faith. When the world tells me a situation is hopeless, or that life is hopeless, God tells me to always be hopeful! When the world tells me that I can make it, that something is impossible. God tells me to endure through every circumstance. And if God tells me to do it, He will give me His grace to make it possible.


God tells us what to think in all situations in His word. God only wants good for us. God only wants success for us. God only wants love for us! God only wants what is best for us. The world is fodder for Satin himself if we think like the world we will be devoured by Satin. But while we live in this world, we think like God would have us to think, we live under God's protection...and oh the joy of what awaits us in heaven. The wonderful think about God is that He gives us so much here on earth when we choose Him, when we choose to listen to Him and do what He ask of us then after all He does for us here on earth He still has more to give us when we get to Heaven!!


Maybe my title should not be The World vs 13:47...maybe it should be God and Me vs. The World... Because with God on my side my hands can be lifted in VICTORY!

No comments: