I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, August 9, 2012

8.9.12

Proverbs 21:2 People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord examines their heart.


My Thoughts
This made me think of how we try to talk ourselves in to being okay with our actions sometimes.  I think we do this because we know that in our heart we did what we should not have done and we want to make it okay in our minds.  When we start feeling ourselves justify our actions...we need to stop and ask ourselves, "Where was my heart?"  If our heart is in the wrong place we need to ask God for his forgivness and for His grace to do better in the future.  We need to be honest with ourselves so that we can learn and grow...so that we do better. 

I have come to believe that God celebrates our baby steps... anytime that we move foward God smiles.  When we do something that is questionable the devil smiles as soon  we start justifying our actions to ourselves.  When we are honest with ourselves we are taking that oppertunity to learn how to do better, that makes God smile.  When we realize we have done something wrong we need to ask forgiveness, ask for God's grace to do better, learn from our mistake and move foward. Then if we feel guilty we need to recognize that, that is the devil talking. He knows that if we are wallering in guilt we can't move foward and grow.  We tackle that guilt by telling the devil that God has forgiven us and he can just move on his way!!!  Then we do better next time.. even if it is just a pinch better we are doing better.  Foward growth is always, always a good thing! We need to recognize progress and be proud or ourselves, and thank God for His grace. His wonderful grace that helps us grow!!


No comments: