I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, August 16, 2012

8.16.12

Matthew 17:11 So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.

My Thoughts
As a parent I love this verse...it gives me a tiny bit of insight into how much God loves me...how much God loves you!!  There is nothing that I would not do for my kids, if it is in their best interest...and if it is in my power.  Above everything I want them to live forever, love and be loved, have joy and happiness and peace.  Sometimes I have the answers, but they don't always listen and it is painful to watch them struggle with something when I know that if they would just listen life could be so much better.  Now that they have become adults they have total free will, apart from me to choose to do things their way.  As parents there comes a time when we have to stand back and let them make their choices and it is hard to do. 

God loves us so much...He wants  us to have eternal life, He wants us to love and be loved, He wants us to have peace and joy and happiness...God cares about the desires of our hearts. God give  us free will...He wants us to choose Him... He wants us to choose love, peace, joy, happiness, eternal life. God even gives us all the answers to have these things... but just as we have to give our adult children free will to make their own choices, God gives us free will to make our own choices. 

God puts His advice, his instructions in print, God has even seen to it that we have lots of different versions of the Bible so that we can find the words that make us understand it most. God tells us if we seek wisdom from His word that He will grant us wisdom.  If we just seek after the knowledge of God, God will make sure that we "get it."  There are so many Bible in print that most American homes have several...yet so many sit on the shelves and collect dust.  Just like our words often collect dust in the brains of our children.

Just think how much better God will make our lives if we listen to Him!!  If would could make the lives of our children a little better we would!!...God loves us more than we love our children. God's love is a perfect love... all encompassing, all knowing, flawless!!  God can give us so much and wants to give us so much. God will give us so much... we just have to listen and follow His instruction.   It is amazing how we can shake our heads at our children for not listening to us...and then we go about our lives not listening to God. 

No matter how good our lives seem...we all have a chance for a better life... God will make our lives better and better and better and better...our part is to listen, to seek and to learn. God will take care of the rest!!

No comments: