I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, August 12, 2012

8.12.12

Psalms 32:3-4 Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt.   I said to myself, " I will confess my rebellion to the Lord." And you forgave me! And all my guilt is gone.

My Thoughts
I love this... when we confess our sins, God forgives us and all our guilt is gone.  God does not try to make us feel guilty.  When we have not confessed our sins He may remind us of them so that we can confess ...but once we have ask forgivness we don't have to feel guilty at all.  I use to tell my kids when they were little "A mistake is only a mistake if we don't learn something." I wanted them to know if they learned they could  do better next time, that everything was ok. I didn't want them feeling guilty all the time.  I think that is why God wants us to confess our sins by name...if we do then we recgonize what we have done wrong and we will be better able not to do it later.  If we just say forgive me of my sins and don't stop and recgonize what sins we have commited, we will do them again and again and again.  God does not remind us of our sins to make us feel guilty, He reminds us of them to help us grow.  Once we have asked forgivness God forgets them, He throws them as far as the east is from the west then we can begin to grow again. Once we have ask for forgiveness God never remembers our sins again.  All our guilt can be gone. 

The devil loves to remind us of past mistakes ...if he can get us feeling guilty he can stop us in our tracks.  He can keep us from being loving and kind, he can keep us from moving forward in God if we are wallering in guilt. He loves to stop us in our tracks.  If we have ask for forgiveness and are feeling guilty we can be sure that it is the devil that is prompting that guilt.  We can tell the devil that God has thrown that sin as far as the east is from the west (Psalms 103:12) and that he can just go away and leave us alone!

God loves us so much that He doesn't want to remember our sins... He doesn't want anything between us and His love for us.  God wants us to be able to grow in him.  We grow best when there is nothing between us and God.  God knows our steps before we take them, he is never surprised by what we do...God knew the things we would do wrong before Jesus died for our sins. God still sent Jesus to forgive us all!!  So we should never hide anything from God... He already knew we were going to do what we did. The wonderful thing is that He is up in heaven, knowing and ready to forgive us anything if we just ask.  God is waiting with open arms to love us and make life all better!! Waiting to make us whole again, guilt free and filled with His love!!  All we have to do is confess our sins to Him.  Isn't He amazing!!

No comments: