I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, August 7, 2012

8.7.12

1 Corinthians 3:6-8 I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. It's not important who does the planting, or who does the watering.  What's important is that God makes the seed grow.  The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their hard work.

My Thoughts
This is what happened to me...when I was 9 I asked Jesus into my heart...but nobody watered the seed that was planted.  I didn't take time to water it.  No adult in my life either knew how or took the time to water the seed that was planted.  My parents were divorced so I went to one church one weekend and another church the next weekend.  I was kind of like a stray that never fit in.  That feeling followed me into my adult years and no matter where we went to church that I still had that feeling.  And I had never learned to water that seed that had been planted.

Then my son, who I had taught about God the best I new how. Who we also sent every summer to church camp, where he flet he fit in, there his seed was watered. He gave me a One Year Bible.  I felt like I had to read it at least one year...and in doing that I started watering that seed that had been planted 39 years earlier!!  God's word tells us that if we seek wisdom, wisdom will come to us (Proverbs 2). I started seeking, watering the seed that had been planted, and God started making it grow. I didn't even know that was what was happening...but it was exactly what was happening.... then God put me, and it was totally God, in the right church with the right people that would help water that wonderful seed that had been planted. 

We must water that seed...the seed in us, the seed in others!  When we do, oh  the harvest that will grow from that one little seed!!  God honors our efforts. God's word will not return void!!  If you have asked Jesus into your heart and you feel like your life is not changing... find a way to water that seed!! If you seek the wisdom of God, God will make sure that you receive understanding. When I started reading my Bible it was almost like reading a foreign language...then day by day... little by little I begin to "get" what I was reading!!  Little by little that seed was growing.

The wonderful thing about a seed that is growing is this.  If you see it like a tree...and the branches are the knowledge and the leaves are the understanding.. amazing things happen.  The tree is tiny and it grow a little and has a few leaves.  Next it grows more branches ....and as we prune it (and God prunes us)...then we get more branches and more leaves.... then more pruning...and the next time we get more branches we get 3 or 4 times the amount we got the first time... it grow exponentially!!  It is amazing!! It is comforting!!  It is exciting! It is life changing!!  Find a way to water that seed planted in you!!!

No comments: