I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, August 14, 2012

8.14.12

2 Chronicles 7:14 Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.

Psalms 33:12 What joy for the nations whose God is the Lord.

My Thoughts
Each day I read from three books... my One Year Bible, The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word, which puts scripture in catagories. And I read from Love Out Loud.  Two of my scriptures today made me think of the up comming election.  I see all this stuff written on Facebook...the media twist things for their liking...Union people like on party... no union people like the other. Each party twist and trun the truth about the other party. People act like who becomes president is the life or death of our country...and while it is important it is not the be all end all... in 4 years we can vote again (Thank goodness!). What is important is that we love God.

God is in control...our problem is that God gives us free will and we too often use that free will to make bad choices. And our bad choices are not who we put in Washington... after all Washington can't control this wild weather we are having. Even with laws about schools having snack machines or not Washington can't control our health.  But God can!!.. God can heal our land, God can soften the heart of any president, God can bring joy to our nation.  It is up to us to put God in control and we do that by humbling ourselves, praying, seeking God's face and turning from our wicked ways.  No matter how the voting comes out in November we still have a choice...we still have a chance for our nation to do better...we put that choice into action by seeking after God and choosing to do right over choosing to enjoy sin.

Our media likes to make it confusing and complicated, our media likes to paint a bleak picture of high prices and not enough gas or food.  Our media thrives on, makes money on the negative, no wonder they don't include God.  God's work is positive... God's work is powerful... God's work benefits his children.  But to benefit from all of God's glorious power we have to act like we are God's children. We have a choice every day to live in a great nation... we do this by loving God...then God will take care of even the worse possible president, the driest land, the out of control weather, the national dept, our health. 

We are not helpless...we are not hopeless... our can make a difference as just one person...we can choose to cry out to God...we can choose to turn from our wicked ways...when we do God will heal our land.  Because God keeps all his promises.

No comments: