I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, August 6, 2012

8.6.12

1 Corinthians 2:11-12 No one can know a person's thoughts except that person's own spirit, and no one can know God's thoughts except God's own spirit. And we have received God's Spirit (not the world's spirit), so that we can know the wonderful things God as freely given us.

My Thoughts
When we believe Jesus is the Son of God and we confess our sins and ask God to come and live in our hearts, God sends down the Holy Spirit to live inside of us! To tell us what God wants for us and from us.  We get the wonderful privilege of being the home to the Holy Spirit, who has access to God's thoughts.  God sends His thoughts down to the Holy Spirit who then helps us, when we listen, to become the people that God intends us to be.  We need to take notice of the Holy Spirit inside of us... we need to listen and learn and grow.  The voice of the Holy Spirit can only make us better. Isn't that what we all want, to be better??  God has freely given us the Holy Spirit to live inside of us, we have this wonderful perfect resource with us at all times, we can become so much more when we learn to listen to that voice inside of us directing us and we can hear that voice so much better when we take time to close our mouths and quite the world around us and ask God to direct our words, our feet, our hands in a way that brings glory to Him.


No comments: